Winter has struck where I live - first snow and now ice. Today, I wanted to go to the bank before work. Since I travel by bus, and the bank is not by my work, I got up earlier to make it happen and picked what I thought would be the best the route. But, that route depended on a certain bus, and I missed it so I came up with Plan B.
But, I wasn't sure how the return trip from Plan B was going to work. In the best scenario, I'd go to the bank and have a enough time to catch the next bus to the mall which is a transfer point for the bus that takes me to work. For this plan to work, though, I'd have to quickly get my bank business done and book it to the bus stop in like 5 minutes. So I went for it because it was 20 degrees F this morning, and the next bus wouldn't come for an hour.
I'm trucking down the sidewalk in what I thought would be adequate footwear - hiking shoes. However, I was so focused on getting to the bus stop that I didn't realize that the sidewalk had moisture on it. Snow from the day before had melted and froze on the sidewalk. Which considering my fairly brisk walking pace were no match for my hiking shoes. I felt my right foot slide when I stepped on it and my body starting to fall. My knee blocked a complete butt wipe out, but the fall flustered me. I thought it hindered my chances for catching the bus, but I didn't have time to think about it so I just kept moving, across the street, and down towards the transit sign. I arrived and looked down the street - here comes the bus. I made it, ice and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment