Friday, November 20, 2009

Chuck is back

The rumors that Chuck might come back before March are true. The series will come back on January 10th - yeah!
And, of course, New Moon comes out today in theaters. I am still debating whether or not I'm going to see it in the theater or wait until I can get it on DVD from the library. Since movies go to DVD quickly, I'm guessing that it might come out next spring.
The latest movies I've gotten from my library were Nights at Rodanthe and Belle and the Beast: A Christian Romance. Nights was interesting until someone died. Does Nicholas Sparks always kill off his characters? I really haven't read his books. I've just seen The Notebook and heard about the plot in A Walk to Remember in which someone dies. So when I saw the trailer for Sparks' newest movie, The Last Song with Miley Cyrus, I am wondering who dies in the movie. Belle and and the Beast wasn't bad the first time I watched it. The second time, I noticed how the acting could have been better and wondered why Belle didn't tell Craig that she wasn't interested in him earlier in the movie. His actions of wanting to know what she was doing and always stopping by her house should have been red flags. And, also I wondered the age difference between Belle and the Beast (aka Eric) since he had been married for awhile and it had been a few years since his wife passed away.
So many deep thoughts from the converse librarian - I know! But, I did finish reading Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming. Granted, it was for a book review in the monthly newsletter at work. But, Bjorn Lomborg's solutions for climate change made sense. It's a shame that it takes a big problem like global warming to consider improving people's living environments (ending poverty, disease, water stress, etc.) to make them more equipped to deal with climate change. Shouldn't we be trying to do that stuff already? Still, Cool It kind popped the bubble that stuff like in The Day After Tomorrow could happen. Not that I'd want it, too, though. The library was flooded and they had to burn books to survive! But, Micheal Crichton's State of Fear seemed more plausible.
I started reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer, but I haven't got that far. My copy is rather thick since I ordered the large print edition from the library. Usually, the large print edition has less requests for it so I get is quicker, but this the first large print edition that I got that also could be used as a weapon. It definitely weighs down my back-pack a bit so I'm sure, if wielded, it could do some damage.
So... Chuck is back. Season two comes out on DVD in January, too. And, I'm interested to see what they do with the show now that Chuck has the new and improved Intersect in in head. And, seeing Jeffster perform again and Ellie and Captain Awesome happily married wouldn't be bad either.

No comments: