Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I feel so

insulated of late. Maybe because I don't have a television so I feel so out of the loop with what's happening in Japan and Libya. Granted, I could read a newspapers, and I've read a few stories of their online counterparts. But, a picture is really worth a thousand words. Not that I'm enthusiastic to see people face disasters like earthquakes, nuclear explosions, or stealth bombers. Its just that the human aspect is somewhat lost, and I feel disconnected to those involved.
Now I'm rambling...I've continued to read what I've found to be called "cozy mysteries." The best series that I've found is by Anna Dean. Since her mysteries are paced like a Jane Austen novel, I find them enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood to read something that delves more into the characters involved than the other whodunit mysteries that I've read. I'm also a fan of Jennifer McKinlay's books. In posting this, I realized that she also writes under the name Lucy Lawrence, but both her Decoupage and Cupcake Bakery series were quick, fun reads.

No comments: