It's my first weblog entry...and I'm not quite sure what to write. I suppose I could philosophize about how my life has turned out differently than I would have imagined. As a kid, Oregon was the place to be - with its mountains, streams, and the often stormy, but gorgeous when it's sunny, coastline. I really did not imagine myself being a librarian, either. Marion the librarian was the last person I wanted to be. The nerve of her falling for a con man, singing the most cheesy songs about him, and then kissing him - yuck.
But, I am a librarian. Despite Marion's affections for Harold Hill, I realized that I liked learning about things, and I enjoyed helping others learn as well. And, as much as I hate to admit it, I am a Minnesotan. I appreciate the state's lakes and trees as well as the people's concern to preserve them. However, the day anyone hears me mispronounce Oregon in the typical Minnesotan fashion - please ship me back there.
Anyway, so I guess what I'm trying to say is that this weblog will probably dabble in a lot of different things: experiences with God, comments about pop culture, or just paragraphs about how much I love my Converse low top shoes. A wide range of stuff, but, hey, feel free to come back and visit if you want.
No comments:
Post a Comment