Super Tuesday was kind of anti-climatic for me. Where I lived before, we always had primaries. And, since Minnesota is an open caucus state, I liked the idea of being able to choose which party caucus I wanted to attend.
So I went, I was a little disappointed because the official there directed me to the wrong precinct. I realized this after I had cast my Presidential preference ballot. Does my vote still count if I placed the ballot in the wrong precinct box?
Then I walked into the actual caucus meeting. They were choosing delegates and since I wasn't sure if I was in the right precinct, I left.
I have to admit, though, that the experience gave me a glimpse of something that I rarely see - people walking around in my neighborhood at night. And, although the wrong precinct thing was annoying, I now know my precinct for future elections and I have a better idea of who my neighbors are.
No comments:
Post a Comment