Friday, January 30, 2009

pondering planes and other modes of transportation

I am beginning to wonder if it's possible to fly without having a flight cancelled. When I flew west at Christmas, my flights were cancelled on the way their and back due to weather. And, then today, my dad was suppose to fly to see me and his flight was cancelled.

It got me thinking how unpleasant flying has become. I mean, it used to be exciting. Getting the peanuts or pretzels. Going to a place in a few hours that would normally take a day or more by car. But, now it's a few hours of anxiety. Will I make it to my plan on time? Is my luggage going to arrive like it should? Or, misery. Being stuck somewhere and not being able to spend as much time with family and friends.

I am not sure where this post is going. But, I am wondering if there are other people like me that are questioning the benefits of flying. I mean, I know the airlines have had it rough. High fuel costs, a sinking pool of people being able to afford their high ticket prices because the economy is not behaving like it should. And, the cancelled flights that I mentioned above were caused by the weather. Which I know is something that the airlines can't control. But, I still think it might be a while before I fly anywhere. Maybe I will, though, when the weather improves.

No comments: