Wednesday, April 29, 2009

letter to save Chuck

Since I work at night, I wasn't able to see the season finale of Chuck until last night. Which was when it was posted online. I don't own a TV. If it wasn't for the Internet, I'd have to completely rely on recaps of shows until they come out on DVD. Thankfully, last night wasn't the case.
So I settled in to watch what would happen with Chuck. And, the episode met my expectations. Morgan, Jeff, and Lester offered comic relief. Sarah, Chuck, and Casey had to save the world. And, what looked to be a disastrous wedding for Chuck's sister, Ellie, turned out rather happily.
But, the "To be continued" at the end of the episode left me wondering. Is there going to be a season 3?
Being a librarian, I immediately googled the topic. But, NBC hasn't announced yet if Chuck will be having a new season next fall. So I found information calling for me to a buy a foot long Subway sandwich on Monday night. Since the Monday they were referring to was this past Monday night when the season finale aired, it's a little late to do that. But, I guess there's still time for me to write a personal letter to NBC executives and send them a box of Nerds candy.
Since that idea was posted the beginning of this month, I wonder if my letter and candy will make a difference.
And, as I sit here writing this post, I'm not sure what I'd even include in such a letter. I mean, I like Chuck. But, I haven't been the most loyal fan. When it started, I was curious because the premise of geek squad guy by day and government spy by night sounded promising. And, the fact that the main character work Converse shoes made me all the more intrigued.
But, then the writer's strike happened. The TV season was delayed, and I really didn't watch the show that much its first season. However, then I bought the DVD of the first season. I was in the process of moving at the time. Most of my DVDs were packed up except for Chuck. So I became hooked. And, now I've watched all the episodes of the 2nd season, but I'm wondering if I should share this with a man or woman in a suit to keep the fictional characters of Chuck, Casey, and Sarah on the air. Will my letter and box of Nerds sway them? Or, will they just end up in the trash?
I am not sure what course of action I'm going to take. To do nothing, I do not exercise my freedom of speech. But, to do something, maybe I can look back if the show is cancelled and say to myself that I tried to stop them. Or, if the show is renewed, maybe I don't have to worry at all. At least until the end of next season, right?

No comments: