Friday, April 3, 2009

post 50

Apparently, this is the 50th post for my blog. Which, I suppose isn't a big deal since it's a combination of two blogs. Oh well, I guess I better make it count anyway.
There are a few things that have been going on in my life. The first is that I've cleaned my apartment twice in the past week because I thought people were coming over, and then for some reason, they can't. It's rather disappointing because me cleaning my apartment twice in a week is really an achievement and so far, I've been the only one to witness it. Hopefully, though, that will change tomorrow.
Another thing that I did was watch High School Musical 3. This admission could one day come back to haunt me. But, I enjoyed it. The choreography, rather than Troy and Gabriella, was what kept my interest. Kenny Ortega and his team are so creative using objects like tires, cars, and basketballs in their dance numbers. I heard that there might be a HSM 4 in the works, and I'd totally watch it if Ortega is on board. In fact, I might even see his remake of Footloose in theaters rather get it for free from the library. With the economy the way it is, my visits to the library have increased more than my trips to the movie theater.
My favorite thing to watch of late, though, has been the first and only season of Wonderfalls. I vaguely recall this show being on, but I was in graduate school at the time and had little time to watch TV besides study and work. But, I found out that Lee Pace was in it. He's the actor in the now cancelled, Pushing Daisies. (I missed seeing that while it was on TV, too)
But, Lee Pace caught my attention in his performance in Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. So I do what I normally do when I'm fascinated by an actor or actress. I watch all the movies that him or her are in. A former roommate of mine compared this behavior to like a flavor of the month obsession. Lucky for her, she got to witness when I was into the work of Viggo Mortenson and Clive Owen.
So Lee Pace is what got me started in watching Wonderfalls, but I quickly became caught up in the show's quirkiness. It had me laughing and crying and really not wanting it to end. It's been a while since there has been a show that has made me do that. I mean, I like Chuck and Bones, but Wonderfalls had this sense of whimsy that made some things like inanimate objects talking to the main character, Jaye, a little crazy. But, it also had a prescence of reality laced within the show's plotlines that related to family, friends, and lovers. I could relate to Jaye in her hesitation to open herself up to the possibility of love. And,I haven't seen the love of my life marry someone else, but I have seen guys that I'm into pursue other women who weren't me.
So I guess the moral of this post is don't clean your house if you want people to come over, watch High School Musical 4 if you want to see kick ass choreography, and check out Wonderfalls if you want to see what is, I think, my favorite TV show to get the ax. And, tune in for the soon-to-come post 51. I'm not sure what it's about, yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

No comments: