I re-read Laura Jensen Walker's book, Daring Chloe, today, and it got me thinking about the next book in her Getaway Girls series, Becca by the Book. Looks like it was recently published so I'm planning to pick it up soon. I really don't buy a lot of books because I figure I can always get them at my public library. But, this author is an exception. She combines faith with real-life characters (most of which have interesting quirks!) so I enjoy reading them more than once.
Thoughts on Star Trek: I was bored during the first part of it. When the crew wanted to fly into the asteroid or whatever field trap like Kirk's dad had before, I was so disgusted that I logged onto Facebook while watching it. Granted, I'm not a Trekkie, and once Scottie came aboard, it got more interesting. (Tangent - Simon Pegg is hilarious.) But, I had watched Terminator Salvation beforehand, and it was the first Terminator movie that I seen so I didn't know all the back story. So overall I found Terminator Salvation more interesting than Star Trek, but before you come at me with a pitchfork, Marcus' decision to give John Connor his heart was totally predictable. And, maybe if I watched Star Trek with a more open mind, I'd enjoy it. Or, maybe not. Was it just me or was Chekov's accent/tone of voice annoying?
My Star Trek experience reminded of me of the movie Fanboys. In it, the main characters (Star Wars fans) get into a brawl with Star Trek fans. Not that I'd resort to violence (I'm a librarian for goodness sake!), but it got me thinking that perhaps I'm a Star Wars gal rather than a Star Trek one. Oh, and seeing Simon Pegg in Star Trek made me want to watch Hot Fuzz again. So I ordered it from the library.
I've been watching holiday movies, too. This Christmas was okay, but the ending was kind of blah. And, I didn't quite make it through A Sesame Street Christmas Carol, but I did watch The Grinch (Jim Carey version). I didn't think to look for the original when I ordered it from the library. It was okay except its feels like two different movies merged into one. When it comes to Christmas movies, I don't have any particular ones that I have to see before Christmas comes, but I do hope to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment