In my last post, I talked about how I'm trying to live a good story. The intent to do so hasn't changed, but the reality of making it happen in my life - its been a struggle. Mainly because the summer heat quickly quells me into an somewhat autopilot state. I'll do what is necessary like grocery shopping, doing laundry, and paying bills. But, my motivation for completely cleaning and organizing stuff like my desk and closet completely goes out the window. And, I've had a major distraction, too.
I think Doctor Who should come with the following warning label: "Watch with care. After a few episodes, you may experience the intense desire to watch all 4 seasons plus TV specials. And, your curiosity may cause to google the new season on the Internet." Because that's what I've been experiencing. A simple intent to just check it out has led me to watch almost all 4 seasons. (I'm about half-way through season 4.) The rationalizations that I wouldn't like David Tennant as the new doctor or that the show wouldn't be the same without Rose Tyler haven't stopped me from downloading episodes from Netflix.
Granted, I've been watching other stuff like episodes of La Femme Nikita and Eureka. But, I'm kind of at a point of no return with Doctor Who because I can tell that the tunnel is coming to an end (at least with the 10th Doctor), and I want to see it. So here I sit, biding my time, until I can return. Logically, I know that me being a spectator on my couch in my air conditioned apartment would make a very dull story. And, I'm going to work, making chocolate banana muffins, and riding my bicycle to change things up. But, whether its temporary obsession or insanity, Doctor Who is my summer guilty pleasure so back to the rabbit hole I'll go.
No comments:
Post a Comment