Thursday, July 22, 2010

a shockingly lack of Cons

Apparently, the new Doctor Who, Matt Smith, doesn't wear Converse shoes. I thought that this was a fluke, but it sounds like boots are his preferred footwear. This knowledge comes from surfing the Internet. But, I did find that it was David Tennant's idea to pair his own Converse shoes with his Doctor Who costume.

A new Doctor without Cons...Murdock in the recent A-Team movie without Cons...I'm not sure if I like this trend. Converse shoes used to be hard to find. I think that this was before the company was bought by Nike. At least, I used to have the hardest time finding them. But, now it seems they are everywhere, worn by people like Selena Gomez. Which is good - yeah for more people wearing Converse shoes. But, I'm not sure that I like the idea of the Doctor not wearing them. The fact that David Tennant wore Cons while playing the Doctor was one of the tiny details that I appreciated about his character. I'm not sure if I'll have the same affection for Matt Smith.

Of course, this post is somewhat hypocritical because I haven't been wearing my Converse shoes much these days. Keen sandals seem to be my casual footwear of choice. But, I'm still fond of my Cons and can't wait until the weather cools off so I can wear them again with my jeans.

No comments: