and it was good. It captured the themes from the book of growing up, falling in love, and becoming a person of integrity. I thought that Flipped was worth the price of admission, but when the credits rolled, I wondered if I would have enjoyed it as much if I hadn't read the book beforehand. Guess I'll never know unless I find a Tardis to take me back in time. That's my clue that I'm still watching Doctor Who. It's my default show to watch if I don't have any movies from the library to watch. Although, I'm getting more curious to see the 5 season along with the BBC Sherlock series. They don't come on DVD until November so I have to wait a bit, yet.
I did read another one of Regina Doman's books - The Midnight Dancers. Before I read it, I was thinking about e-mailing Doman and asking her to write a book about Paul Fester - a character from Waking Rose. Then I started The Midnight Dancers and found out that Paul was in it. It had a satisfying conclusion, but I was annoyed that the main character, Rachel Durham, didn't see Paul's fabulous qualities until the last 30 pages or so. Of course, I might be slightly biased because I really liked Paul in Waking Rose.
No comments:
Post a Comment