Thursday, September 9, 2010

what do I say

I kind of shocked. The town where I live now has an Indian restaurant, and the one movie theater in town is actually showing Flipped this week-end. I'm kind of wondering what shoe is going to drop next, but maybe I shouldn't since curiosity did kill the cat.
So back to the stuff that I know..Regina Doman's books have been entertaining me. Although The Shadow Of the Bear and Alex O'Donnell and the 40 CyberThieves were great, I think Waking Rose has been my favorite so far. Although, there's two more books left in the series to read.
I never thought I'd enjoy watching Inspector Lewis since I usually not a fan of mysteries, but I caught an episode while I was on vacation. The mystery part of it intrigued me, and I thought Lewis' deputy was kind of hot. Ironically, the actor that plays him (Laurence Fox) is married in real life to Billie Piper who played Rose in Doctor Who. So I haven't quite left the Doctor Who rabbit hole. Of course, my escape from the hole might be easier if I wasn't re-watching seasons 1 through 4 and eagerly waiting the arrival of series 5 on DVD. And, I'm also excited for the new Sherlock series coming to PBS in October that was written by (you guessed it) two writers from Doctor Who.
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse score is growing on me. I think that's mainly because the composer (Howard Shore) also composed the music for The Lord of the Rings movies. Overall, I think the Twilight Saga movies would be a lot better if they had the same composer doing the scores for all of them. I really liked Carter Burwell's score of Twilight because it had haunting melodies and used unique sounds. New Moon and Eclipse use more traditional sounding scores that you would hear in a epic movies. Not to say they were bad, its just after hearing the score from Twilight, the juxtaposition between it and them bothered me so much that it distracted me while watching New Moon. (I've yet to see Eclipse.)

No comments: