I'm excited. There's a Converse outlet store near the Twin Cities so I'm going to go check it out. So far, I'm still at ten pairs of Cons. And, I haven't purchased any this year. But, I have been tempted since Target now carries Converse One shoes in their stores.
Now that Converse are more popular, my enthusiasm for buying a new pair has dampened. Maybe it's knowing that I have ten pairs already. Or, that the fact that I wear Cons makes me no longer unique. I'm not sure, but so far, I haven't seen any that's triggered my buyer's impulse.
Another thing that I've noticed is that I often look at people's shoes to see what kind they are wearing. And, then I kind of make a silent judgement in my head about the shoes and the person wearing them. If they are Converse, I, of course, think to myself, "Cool - Cons." And, my smile to that person in passing is perhaps a little bigger than someone who might be wearing shoes like Crocs.
Doing this, though, doesn't really seem right. I mean, I'm a librarian - not a fashionista. And, judging people for their shoes or anything else really shouldn't happen. Unfortunately, though, it does. I just started to read Greg Boyd's book - Repenting of Religion: Turning from Judgement to the Love of God. Maybe I'll post more on this topic after I've finished it.
P.S. I still look at weather forecasts, but I'm trying to live my life and obsess about the weather less.
No comments:
Post a Comment