Thursday, June 26, 2008

So I went to the Converse outlet...

And, I came back with 0 pairs of Cons.
Other interesting developments in the week past...
1 mouse found on the floor of my apartment. I, of course, screamed and stomped on the floor. It didn't move. The thought of a mouse laying on the floor gave me the creeps so I quickly called my roommate for advice.
She suggested poking the mouse with the broom to determine the mouse's state of consciousness. The thought of the mouse suddenly squiggling around after touching it with the broom also creeped me out. (It was another mouse and different place, of course, but it fell from the ceiling and my father picked up by its tail and it was alive.) This was the reel that was going in my mind as I cautiously moved the tip of the broom handle over to the mouse.
The broom and mouse made contact. The handle moved, but the mouse didn't. After listening to my roommate convince me that the mouse is probably dead because it didn't scurry away after poking it with the broom, I plucked enough courage to sweep the mouse into the dustpan. I hold the dustpan like I would a ping pong ball on a spoon, only without dropping it. I make it outside and ponder where to leave the mouse stiff. A bush looked nice so that's where I laid the unwelcomed rodent to rest.
9 days spent in my Nike Airs. My Plantar Fasciitis better heal soon. I'm tired of matching my wardrobe to blue and white shoes.

No comments: