I have been consuming a lot of cheese lately. Recently, I talked to my sister and she told me how much my niece liked eating cheese. Like whole blocks, apparently. Being 2000 miles a way, I haven't had the chance to witness this phenomenon, but maybe I will come November if I get to visit them like I plan and if my niece still likes cheese.
No, my thing with cheese started with eggs. I decided to actually kind of cook for once. Well, let me preface by what I say 'cooking.' I do not starve, but I tend to nosh on the type of cooking that involves easy prep (like putting humas, crackers, carrots, and dip on a plate. Or, throwing something frozen in the oven or microwave.) But, at Christmas time, I was blessed to receive a small frying pan - ideal for cooking my egg favorite dish, breakfast burritos. So one day I got all the ingredients that I needed, and I realized I forgot two things - salsa, for one and cheese.
So the next day I went to buy some shredded cheese and I'm not sure what came over me. I usually tend to get mozzarella because it's usually lower in fat, but something came over me and I left the store with the Mexican blend. And, let me tell you, it really jazzed up my eggs. But, it did leave me with a spicy taste in my mouth that called for sour cream. But, of course, I put on the closest thing in my frig, dill dip. Which may sound odd, but it was either that or the strawberry yogurt. And, the dill dip worked. In fact, I used it all up on my next batch of breakfast burritos.
But, I didn't want to eat eggs with dill everyday so I was left with a bag of opened, shredded cheese in my frig. The former 4-Her in me told me that I'd have to use it up quick before it went bad. So that left me in a quandary until I had a cheesy epiphany. I came home late after work and was settling to make a favorite late night, comfort snack. Once the microwave timer went off, it hit me. I could throw in some Mexican cheese on top of my Easy Mac. Ridiculous, huh? No, that cheese melted like better and made it a melty, cheesy concoction that was too good to eat just once. In fact, I used up all the cheese on my remaining Easy Mac packets that I ate that week. And, when I went to the store this week to buy some more, I left happily with both my Mexican cheese and Easy Mac packets. In fact, just writing about them makes me hungry.
The moral of this story - who knows? I need to prepare a snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment