Tuesday, March 31, 2009

i missed the bus

Today, it snowed. So much that even the bus was slipping and sliding and it couldn't even make it up the hill. When the bus took an alternative route, I decided to get off because I was about 4 blocks away from work and I figured that walking would be better than being late. But, walking in 3 inches of snow. The experience made me know why they invented snow shoes and left me wishing that I had some.
The title of this post comes from another day when it was actually sunny and warmer. It was graduation day at work so I was wearing a skirt, top, and clogs. I made it to the mall, and I should have waited there. But, I had a chocolate craving so I ran to Target. I thought I have enough time to get some chocolate to snack on before my next bus came, but the person in front of me in the check-out line had a $320 purchase so I was later than I thought. But, I came out the door and saw the bus so I started walking fast. As I reached the back of it, the bus engine roared to life and it left with me banging on the side of it and trying to run in my clogs. Needless to say, the bus won. I was left with two people staring me and one of them saying "That bus driver was an ass, huh?"
Luckily, there was a route B that I could take and still get to work on time. So taking the bus has been interesting. Part of me wants to leave it behind by getting another car. And, the other part of me doesn't want to deal with cleaning snow off my car and worrying about sliding in the snow.

No comments: